Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Miley Cyrus says 'no sex over 40'

Autoplay
Miley Cyrus
Miley Cyrus told NBC Today host Matt Lauer she welcomes controversy to help boost her record sales. Picture: Getty Images
HER provocative VMA performance set tongues wagging, but singer Miley Cyrus reckons her sex appeal - and love life - will fade at 40.
"I hear when you turn 40, things start to go a little less sexual so probably around 40. I heard that people don't have sex anymore, so I guess maybe around then," the pop star told Todayhost Matt Lauer.
Cyrus said she wasn't shocked by the level of attention since her controversial VMA show, which "went exactly as I planned".
"Not really. It’s kind of what I want. I’m an artist, so I’m hoping that I get a little attention or my record sales might be a little sketch," she said, according to US Weekly. "It’s a month later and we're still talking about it."
She also spoke about her ongoing feud with Sinead O’Connor.
"I think she’s an incredible artist, I think she’s an awesome songwriter, and I was really inspired by her for my Wrecking Ball video, which was what started the whole thing," Cyrus said.
"I don't know how someone can start a fight with somebody who said, ‘Hey, I really respect you. And I really love what you what you did.’ ‘You know what? You suck! I don’t like you!’ That was kind of crazy. But as I said, I'm a big fan of hers, so it doesn't really matter. It's all good."
She told Lauer that any criticism directed at her is just water off a duck’s back.
"I don't really worry about anything because I know who I am and I know that I’m an artist, and I know that I put all this time and this effort into my record, and my record is proof of really who I am," she said.
"For me, the most important thing is being a really good person, and that doesn’t depend on what you do onstage. That depends on how you treat people when you’re offstage, and I know how I treat people, so I'm not really too worried about it."